I have always been committed to helping others before myself. Following a successful career as an investigator and paralegal, I attended the University of Pittsburgh and obtained a Masters degree in Rehabilitation Counseling in 1997. After working as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor for five years, I became a Licensed Professional Counselor in 2002.
I use client centered techniques to break down barriers and establish counseling relationships that are integral to successful career development. This development can be achieved through:
- Objectively evaluating the impact of a disability.
- Transferable skills analysis.
- Individualized vocational exploration.
- Developing realistic job opportunities.
- Studying current data on employment outlook, job settings, qualification, and earnings.
- Goal setting in a pro-active role to return to or enter the workforce.
- Aiding job seekers to develop their own career strategy.
- Developing information and resources used in planning education and career objectives.
- Internet and traditional job search strategies.
I have served as Director and President of the Pennsylvania Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, Board President of Acheve Success, and Board President of Pittsburgh Hires Veterans. I am also a presenter at Rehabilitation Counseling Seminars.